Hello All,

I am living as refugee in Germany since one and half years and I am working since one year in a company on full time and now I offered unlimited job contract from the company in which I am working .
My question is regarding changing the asylum status into work contract . Can any one give me an information that is it possible to change the asylum status Into work visa ? Or not

Please let me know the options I will be very thankful to you.

Kind Regards
asked Aug 8, 2017 in Legal advice by Sam Sam | 1,414 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+3 votes
Hello @Khan,

I am sorry to say that you can't change your status as intended.
If I remember correctly your home country is Pakistan. For countries without special regulations the Federal Foreign Office says about accessing the German labour market: "All other foreign nationals must apply for a work visa from their local German mission before coming to Germany". See details here: https://goo.gl/2o96Wr

Kind regards
answered Aug 9, 2017 by Jan
Thank you for your answer @Jan
but if working for atleast three years and paying all your taxes and have agood command of German language. can we apply for residence permit ?
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,132 questions
6,106 answers
139,112 users