I live in Oranienburg, Berlin and I'm currently learning for A2 German language. I have lived in Germany for 2 years and have received Reiseausweis with residence permit valid for the next 3 years. I would like to know how I can find a paid job with my status and what requirements is required.

Thank you in advance.
asked May 2, 2017 in Work by Behnam | 1,559 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

+6 votes
Hey Behnam,

Thank you for your question. The startup Greenlab Berlin is currently looking for someone. I posted an ad on Wefugees yesterday, check here: https://***.wefugees.de/k/questions/1994

I am not exactly sure what the job entails and whether this would be something you are interested in, but you can contact Judith and get some further information.

Hopefully you will find something soon & all the best,
answered May 3, 2017 by Baris
Hey Baris, thanks for sharing me the ad. I will definitely have a **** at it :)                
Thank you for your answer @Baris
+6 votes
Hello Benham,

if you are looking for a job, you should definitely check out workeer.de.
We are a job platform specifically designed for refugees and employers offering them job opportunities. Workeer aims to support refugees in building up a professional network by directly connecting refugees looking for work with interested employers via our low-threshold network.
So you should go to https://workeer.de/fuer-gefluechtete, create a profile and publish it, so that employees can see it and connect with you. By signing up you will get the opportunity to easily publish and provide data concerning your type of job search, proficiency, language skills and other important information of your CV to create a significant application.
After that of course you can also take action and check out the job offers we have listed on you platform.

For example I found those to positions that might interest you. https://workeer.de/jobs/m58P0

If you need any help creating your profile or finding the right employee, feel free to contact us at kontakt@workeer.de.

Best regards, David
answered May 17, 2017 by DavidJ
Thank you for your reply @DavidJ
+5 votes
Hello Benham,

nice to hear from you again!

Are you searching for a specific profession or just a paid job in general?

Here is some information about the general procedure:

In order to find a job in Germany you usually write an application letter and a CV that you send to the company that you want to work with. Your application documents usually also include copies of papers that prove any further education that you did.

You can either search for open job advertisements on job exchange websites, in newspapers or you can apply directly at companies. The latter is called an "Initiativbewerbung" (speculative application).

For further ideas you can check out the answers provided by our community in the following threads:



Concerning the requirements of paid work in Germany for refugees, see the answers provided here:


I hope this information was useful for you. I will link some of our great experts here in the community so that they can share their knowledge with you too @Leo @Sophie @Malica and @Jurij

If any further questions occur or if anything remained unclear, feel free to ask :)

Best regards,
answered May 3, 2017 by Thor
Thank you for the reply. I have a university diploma in Information Technology which I received from Iran and I have worked with designing and fitting kitchens and bathrooms while I was in Iran. I have all the certificates of my education and work so it is not a problem. If I can get a job in any of these two fields, it would be great :)
Thank you for this @Thor
+4 votes
Hello @Behman,

check the informations of this site, provided by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research about finding a job: ****://tinyurl.***/m63dgcn (several languages available).

About the recognition of foreign professional qualifications in Germany (this is beneficial if you want to get a job appropriate to your skills) see informations of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF): ****://tinyurl.***/mss6dka

Best regards

answered May 18, 2017 by Jan
Thank you for this information @Jan
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,296 questions
6,289 answers
139,289 users