Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello Guys, I'm Ahmad a Syrian refugee, I've gotta question regarding the requested procedures for the family reunion here in Germany. I want to bring my wife here to Germany, but as you know i have a limit of 3 months after I receive my BESCHEID to tell the authorities that i want to bring my wife here ( Family Reunion ) , so i only have that period of 3 months to inform the German authorities that i want to bring my wife here,, and if that 3 months end without telling them about my family reunion application then i cant bring my wife here (i will lose the family reunion right). I've been told that the first step is to register my application online at the Auswärtiges Amt website, so I filled the Timely Notification (Fristwahrende Anzeige) and the Visa application successfully and then saved those two files as PDF file. Today I went to the Ausländer Amt to give them the Timely Notification (Fristwahrende Anzeige) to inform them that I want to bring my wife here, but the employee in Ausländer Amt told me that he doesn't need those papers, I asked him if the online registration at Auswärtiges Amt website is enough to inform the authorities that I want to bring my wife to Germany, and he said yes that's enough and he refused to take the timely notification papers. The employee couldn't speak English also I cant speak German so I'm afraid that i did not understand him correctly. So my question is: Is the registration at the Auswärtiges Amt website enough to inform the authorities?? some Syrian people say that you must give the timely notification papers to the Ausländer Amt and they will stamp and signature it and keep it with them. So now I'm so confused and afraid to because I've received my BESCHIDE on 28/04/2016 and now i only have to months since the German Embassy in Beirut takes about one and a half month to respond to and give me an appointment. So i just wanted to be sure if the online registration is enough or there are requested papers that I should give to the Ausländer Amt ?? Auswärtiges Amt website: attached you will find a copy of the first and the last pages of Timely Notification (Fristwahrende Anzeige) application. I'm waiting your reply and hope to have helpful answers here because right now I don't know what to do about this step. Thank you so much for your time. Best regards,
asked Jun 8, 2016 in Asylum proceedings by Ahmad Karabelli

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+8 votes
Hello Ahmad,

I have read through the link you sent with your post.
According to the info given there, it is important that your wife brings the printed version  of the timely notification and all other documents needed to the appointment with the German Embassy in Beirut.
There should be an QR Code on the Timely Notification which is simply scanned by the person in the Embassy. This QR Code gives the person in the Embassy the info on which date you filled out the notification. I can't see this Code on the pages you attached, so maybe it is on page 2 or 3?

I also read that sometimes the Ausländer Amt stamps and signures the timely notification. So if you want to clearafiy you should go there once more with a person who can translate from english to german. But as far as I have read, the most important thing is, that your wife brings the timely notification to her appointment with the German Embassy within the three months.
I hope this helps.
answered Jun 8, 2016 by Danny
Dear Danny,

Thank you for your answer.
Regarding the QR Code, yes you are right it's on the page 3.

But for the timely notification today i went again to the same employee in Auslander Amt and he said " I don't need these papers" and he gave them back to me.
But I've noticed that in the Visa Application that my wife should give to the German Embassy in Beirut, it's mentioned that this application should be also given to the Auslander amt.
Attached you will find the Visa Application, Could you please read the paragraph that marked in red box which written in German just to make sure that I understood it correctly? (Only the red box paragraph)

Thanks for your kind reply.
Looking forward to hear from you.
******I've added the visa Application above to my first question******
Dear Danny, Actually I've found the answer of my question in PDF file from " Die Bundesregierung" .. I will attach the PDF file to my first question above.. But it's written in English,, could you please help me finding the German version of it?? because i wanna take the PDF file to the employee in Auwslander Amt so it must be in German language.. Awaiting your reply, and thank you for your kindness
here's the website which I've downloaded the PDF file from.. I downloaded it from google directly as a PDF file,, that's why I couldn't find the German version of it..
Yes, I think you are right Ahmad, the Visa Application you attached states, that your status and all the info which are needed can be filled out and/or confirmed by your foreigner's registration agency.
But the further statement is pretty vague, as the form says, that the foreign office "requests" the foreigner's registraton agency to take up the case.
So they are not obliged to do so?

I would show these documents to the person at the Ausländer Amt and ask for an interpretation.
But in any case I regard it as most important that you and your wife follow all the steps in the flyer you attached.
So you should be on the save side.
The flyer does not make any statements about the Ausläder Amt.
So having an appointment at the German Embassy and having the completed visum appointment and papers with her should be the
most crucial thing for your wife.
I found a link to the german translation of your document:
Please feel free to ask if anything new comes up
Thanx for your help Danny!, for sure I will take the visa application to the employee in Auwslander amt and show it to him, thank you for the German version of the PDF file,, but I have another question regarding the last paragraph "Aufenthaltstitel des in Deutschland wohnhaften Schutzberechtigten
Weitere Unterlagen können von der bearbeitenden Auslandsvertretung
angefordert werden." .... I did not really understand this paragraph also in English!,, do you have any idea what is this?!
Hi Ahmad, the" Aufenthaltstitel" is the residence permit you received here in Germany. Front- and Backside should be copied. Please do a Google image search for "Aufenthaltstitel", which should show you results of how it should look like. Concerning the additional documents or "weitere Unterlagen", metioned in the Flyer, the foreign Office could not give me any additional info. They said it depends on the case, if the Person at the embassy asks your wife during the appointment to hand in later further documents such as a birth certificate.
Dear Danny, Now things are clear to me, I really appreciate your kindness and your help, I hope that i can do something good to Germany in future and to German people like you and many others, Thanx again for your help, I wish you all the best my friend :)
Dear Ahmad, Thank you for your kind words. I am glad I could help. People like you are an enrichment for this country. I wish all the best for you and your wife.
wow, this helped me as well!!! thanks guys :)
good job, Danny :) and welcome to wefugees^^
Thanks for the warm welcome, Mirco. I am glad that I found you guys and try my best to be of value for this community :-)
3,970 questions
4,736 answers
136,358 users