Agentur für Arbeit told me that they cant help me find an Ausbildung place because on my Aufenthaltsgestattung it says "can work, but only when auslander behörde allows it" and I know that I can only do that when I have a place already. Applying for places by myself dont help, because despite having an Abitur equivelant I cant pay for getting my diploma translated into German. So in the end I just end up getting rejected.I ask you for your assistance. So far I considered Duales Studium places and more academic Ausbildungs (Like Fachinformatikerin, Erzieherin und Pflegefachfrau) but to no avail. I really want to study and I have good grades. I just dont know who can help me find a place, I already have a German CV and stuff.
asked Apr 30 in Education by maribel999 | 435 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @maribel999,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

I am sorry to hear about your struggles but I can only encourage you to hold on and not to give up!

If you want to share with us your approximate location, I could try to make some research about concrete addresses in your area which support in the field of education/training. If you are under the age of 27, I can in general recommend the Youth Migration Services (JMD). Please see their webiste for further information as well.

Looking forward to hear from you and all the best,


answered May 5 by Meike
Dear @Meike Thank you for your answer. I am in the Lörrach-Waldshut area and both cities are accesible to me
0 votes

Hi @maribel999

The information from the Agentur für Arbeit is incorrect. As I understand it, you have the residence paper ‘Aufenthaltsgestattung’ and are therefore allowed to work with the permission of the Ausländerbehörde.

You are entitled to register as a job-seeker (arbeitssuchend) with the Agentur für Arbeit and they have to assist you in finding an Ausbildung. They can pay for your diploma to be translated. They can also pay for the cost of having your diploma recognised here in Germany.

This is the office responsible for the recognition of foreign school certificates in Baden-Württenberg and here the process is explained in English:


I encourage you to contact them again and point out that you are entitled to their assistance. The specific type of help you are looking for is from what is called the ‘Vermittlungsbudget’. This is money that the Agenutr für Arbeit can use to spend on supporting people to finds a job or Ausbildung. This includes costs of translations and recognition of diplomas, and also such things as getting professional applications prepared and the costs of travelling to interviews. Here is more about what costs can be covered:


The law which covers the Agentur für Arbeit is called the SGB III (the third book of social law). Paragraph 44 of this law covers these costs. If you contact them again, I encourage you to point out that as a person with an ‘Aufenthaltsgestattung’ you are entitled to the funding in accordance with this paragraph 44 of the SGB III.

If you do not get any further with them, you can also use their customer reaction service to detail your situation and hopefully have it resolved:


To get help, I recommend you contact this project from the organisation Diakonie in Lörrach. It is specially designed to help asylum seekers and refugees to find an Ausbildung or job:


As my college @Meike pointed out, a local JMD would also be a good place to get help.

Here is the one in Lörrach:


And in Waldshut:




answered May 7 by mbeon-Éanna
Thanks for adding these information - super helpful! Thank you very much dear @mbeon-Éanna!
thank you so much, i just saw the notification for this. i will definitely contact them
Hey just an additional question, how can I tell the lady working there that Agentur für Arbeit is responsible with helping me with job seeking since I have an Aufenthaltsgestattung? She is genuinely helpful and last time she told me she called Landartsamt in my city and that they gave her vague answers
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,262 questions
6,259 answers
139,252 users