Good morning, I would like to ask if someone can travel to Africa with Fiktionsbescheinigung, with 81 Abs. 4 remarks. He applied for extension of residence permit but in meantime he was given Fiktionsbescheinigung. He has valid passport and old residence permit.

Thank you
asked Feb 8 in Legal advice by Malcolm | 962 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Malcolm,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

Yes, you can travel with a "Fiktionsbescheinigung" according to section 81 (4). We discussed this question here before where my colleague provided some further information.

Important: Travelling abroad is not possible with the Fiktionsbescheinigung according to section 81 (3)!

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further question.

All the best,


answered Feb 11 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,326 questions
6,321 answers
139,330 users