We live in Germany for 16 months now, for last 2 months we both parents have a job and dont recieve any financial support from soziamamt anymore, we have to pay the rent ourself as well and social isnurencd. We hold Aufenhaltsgestaltung. I wonder if we have right to Kindergeld for our 2 kids. Would relief the schock of going alone after a while.
asked Nov 16, 2023 in Money by Mariam_1997 | 687 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Mariam_1997,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

As far as I know, asylum seekers are usually not entitled to receive Kindergeld (child benefit) as long as they hold an “Aufenthaltsgestattung” - even if they work. There are exceptions for people from Turkey, Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco though. If you are not from one of these countries and and employee, I’m afraid that you won’t be able to get Kindergeld. 

For further information in various languages you may check Handbook Germany as well. 

I hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Nov 16, 2023 by Meike
Hallo Meike,
What happens when one parent is holding Aufenthaltsgestattung and the child is a German citizen born to a German native parent.Will the child receive kundergeld?
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,296 questions
6,289 answers
139,288 users