I would like to know If I can get Arbeitslosengeld II and Kindergeld if my husband doesn't earn much? I don't work need to **** after my two children who are 1 and 5 years old only my husband work and I also want to make an integration course.
asked Aug 26, 2022 in Money by Jeddy | 386 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Jeddy

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again. 

If you hold a valid residence permit (better to say the applicant for the Kindergeld), you are entitled to receive Kindergeld. The Kindergeld is independent of the work income/salary. In case your husband does not earn enough to cover your basic costs of living, he may apply for "Arbeitslosengeld 2" (unemployment money) at the jobcenter or asylum seekers benefits (while holding a so-called "Aufenthaltsgestattung" or "Duldung"). Please be aware that the Kindergeld will be considered in the overall calculations by the jobcenter as well  - they will even oblige you to apply for Kindergeld as soon as you apply for unemployment money ("vorrangige Leistung"). 

Does this answer your question? If not or not fully, please don't hesitate to get back to us again. 

All the best, 


answered Aug 28, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,323 questions
6,318 answers
139,328 users