My son was born in German.
Standesamt sent my Documents to my country got 8 months.
My Son was not able to get Kindergeld since he had no Birth certificate.
I was issued my son Birth certificate last month.
Auslander Behorde issued my residence card from september 2019 so i have been denied 8 months Kindergeld and 8 months Eltern geld.
The Auslander Behorde has refused to change my Residence from the day my son was born.
1.what can i do?can i go to the the court?
2.Is my Son entitled to Kindergeld since he was born?
asked Sep 12, 2019 in Money by Pan 123

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Dear @Pan 123,

Thank you for sharing your questions with the Wefugee Community!

In Germany, you are entitled to receive Kindergeld (child benefit), in general, if you have a residence permit. If your asylum case is still pending, you are unfortunately not able to get. Also, if you are holding, for example, a residence permit according to §25 Abs. 3 there are additional requirements for receiving it.

The authorities (Familienkasse) will probably also accept a "Auszug aus dem Geburtenregister" from the Standesamt (registry office), which every child normally will receive if they can not issue a birth certificate.

Just another comment from my side: If you are receiving social money from the Jobcenter (ALG II) and you are receiving Kindergeld, the Jobcenter will recalculate and paying less accordingly. I do not know about your personal situation but it might be the case that receiving Kindergeld would not necessarily be an (financial) advantage for you and the child. However, if the Jobcenter is asking you to apply for it, you always have to prove that you did.

I hope this helps and please get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,

answered Sep 13, 2019 by Meike
Not satisfied with answer..
Hi Meike, we didn't know about the kindergeld when we arrived 10 months ago. Can I request to receive the payment since I arrived to Berlin? Since arrived we had residency
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,542 questions
5,443 answers
137,912 users