I want to do an Ausbildung and most places ask for an anerkennung of my high school diploma. I am an asylum seeker in Baden-Württemberg, and when I search it up online I cant really find anything relevant. How and where should I send my high school diploma to get an anerkennung? Additionally, I have an university entrance exam result and an acceptance to a university obtained in my home country. Can I get an anerkennung for these as well?
asked Oct 14, 2023 in Education by maribel999 | 258 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @maribel999,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

I did some research and found this website of the "Department of Evaluation and Recognition for Certificates of Education from abroad and from other German Federal States" in Baden-Württemberg which contains all the important information and provides the respective application forms as well. If you need any individual support I can recommend you to contact the 'Jugendmigrationsdienst' (JMD) in your area . This is a special service for young migrants and they have expertise in things like having foreign school certificates recognised.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Oct 15, 2023 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,122 questions
6,070 answers
139,099 users