Please help me out because l am really helpless and going crazy. That is on the 14.09.23 , l personally witness a teacher from my son’s kindergarten maltreating him. She is not his teacher but in the same kindergarten that at times he stays with when his teacher hasn’t arrived at the Kita.

They were having sports and there was misunderstanding between him and a girl. All of a sudden l saw the teacher pushed him on the floor, and went to embrace the other and left my child there for him to cry. She wasn’t aware that l was around. I was so emotional and speechless that l didn’t know what to do at that point except tears running down my cheeks too.

Luckily for me there was one teacher who saw me and she doesn’t know what to do or say but all her reaction was to draw the attention of the other wicked teacher.

Initially my son always resist and cries when I leave him in that class to wait for his teacher. And now I perfectly understand the reason.

My problems are; what can I do with this racism?, it is clear that they can turn the story around since there is no way that teacher will help me as a witness and unfortunately I didn’t record it.

Are they any organisation who can step in for me? If not, what should I do because I am so angry that I don’t know what I will do to her.
asked Sep 14, 2023 in Legal advice by Lydia | 200 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Hello, I am so sorry this has happened to your child.  Unfortunately, racism in Germany is systematic, luckily there are some organisations that will support you in this. There is an organisation called KiDs https://kids.kinderwelten.net/en/
They specify to support young kids in day care and their parents who have faced discriminations and attacks.
You can contact them and receive help and support  they are based in Berlin.

Best wishes
answered Sep 18, 2023 by Yali
0 votes

Dear @Lydia

If you wish to make a complaint about what happened, then the local Jugendamt in your area is responsible for the oversight of Kitas. They investigate any issues brought to their attention by parents.

I recommend you get some advice first if you are intending on taking this step. The organisation referred to above is good if you are in Berlin. Otherwise you can contact the anti-discrimination office:




answered Sep 29, 2023 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,205 questions
6,188 answers
139,190 users