Hello, I have applied for asylum in Germany. There are no results yet. My address is in the camp. I have a girlfriend who lives in Sweden and we want to get married. Can I go to Sweden and get married in case of asylum? . Can migrationsverket give me a travel document for this ? we don't want to do this in germany, just.. I need to be there.
asked Aug 25, 2023 in Asylum proceedings by baran.yagmur | 398 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @baran.yagmur,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

We discussed a similar question here before. During the asylum system, you are unfortunately not allowed to leave Germany. Only if you are granted a protection status and you subsequently receive a residence permit, you can travel. For the time being your girlfriend may be able to visit you here?

Sorry that I don't have better news but please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further question.

All the best,


answered Aug 27, 2023 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,328 questions
6,332 answers
139,336 users