i am a refugee , applied to the family re-union from 9 months and until now the Ausländerbehörde refuses to send the response the embassy

from more than 3 months i hired a lawyer but the is very busy and the employee neglecting her for weeks and give her no response

and for many other reasons i think she avoid to make any real action against the employee or even asking about my right of response or even paying a visit to the Ausländerbehörde

i would like to ask 3 questions

1- if i need to hire another lawyer in that  case , should i cancel the first lawyer or i can go to the second one without talking to the first one ?

2- i am thinking before going to the second lawyer to make another trial by myself , is that legal or allowed to go and ask by myself even if i have a lawyer in the case ?

3- where can i find a good lawyer around Siegen
asked Mar 15, 2023 in Legal advice by Moor | 509 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Moor,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

I hope you read my colleague's response in your last thread which contained already many information?

In general, I would be careful to hire a second lawyer just three months after you hired the first one. This will definitely lead to considerably more costs. As my colleague mentioned before, there are numerous refugee/migration counselling offices in and around Siegen (as the Caritas or Red Cross or the Diakonie) which offer free of charge support - also in communicating with lawyers and immigration offices (Ausländerbehörden).

In case you eventually decide to hire a new lawyer, he/she can terminate the contract with the former lawyer and request your files in your name. This does not mean that you don't have to settle bills of the fist lawyer which became due already.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Mar 19, 2023 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,332 questions
6,335 answers
139,347 users