Today my Grandma received a letter from BAMF and the follow condition was granted: "Das Abschiebungsverbot des S 60 Abs.5 des Aufenthaltsgesetzes liegt vor"

She is the first person of our family that received a positive answer and we don't know what to do next.

For example how can she recover her passport, get her new ID, Will she receive by post the next appoinments or she must request it? she is living at "Erstaufnahmeeinrichtung" Can she stay in the same city and move in to an apartment and avoid go to a small village.

Thank you in advance.

asked Mar 7 in Asylum proceedings by Faga0206 | 54 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Faga0206,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your questions.

I am happy to hear about the positive answer for your Grandma! Your grandma should apply for a residence permit according to section 25(3) of the German Residence Act now. I don't know if the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) is actually going to invite her for an appointment to apply for it. I wouldn't wait for it and make an appointment anyway. The issuance of the residence card may take some weeks - the immigration office should issue a so-called "Fiktionsbescheinigung" in the meantime. Holding the residence permit, your Grandma will also be entitled for social support by the Jobcenter or by the "Sozialamt" in case she is older than 65 years (allowance according to SGB XII). Your Grandma should also be allowed to move out of the "Erstaufnahmeeinrichtung" and probably has the obligation to live in the same region (minimum the in same federal state) for three years (Wohnsitzauflage). To know exactly, you may check the "Zusatzblatt" (green paper) which she will receive with her residence permit or ask a social worker in the camp before.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Mar 11 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,013 questions
5,977 answers
138,972 users