1 view
Can i and my wife apply for the new chanced residence permit. We are both using Duldung, I have done my Deutschkurs to A2 level and am presently working, We came to Deutschland in November 2019 But our twins children that were born in January 2020 in Deutschland are still under asylum hearing, They have Aufenhaltsgestattung.

There is a place in the new law that says there can be exceptions if you have a kids that you are caring for.

This is not so clear to me as to what it mean.

asked Jan 10 in Other Questions by Sammygab | 1 view

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Sammygab,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, you don't meet the requirements for the so-called "Chancen-Aufenthaltsrecht", which we also described here.

At the beginning of 2023, the new law according to section 104c of the German Residence Act was introduced (Chancen-Aufenthaltsrecht) and the laws according to section 25a and 25b were changed (they existed already before though). For the Chancen-Aufenthaltsrecht, applicants have to stay in Germany already 5 years (at 31st October 2022) may be eligible.

The 4 years-period of holding a Duldung (with children) applies to the law according to section 25b - I would recommend you to contact a counselling office in order to check if you may be eligible for this residence permit (i.e. if your income is sufficient etc.) by end of 2023.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jan 19 by Meike
@Meike , the 25B , what deutsch certificate must i have to apply for it , and if I have the 25B , how many years will i wait to apply for permanent permit?
@Meike , i meant, someone with kids and live more than that 4 years , if I want to apply for the 25b, which Deutsch certificate should i have and how many years should i wait to apply for permanent permit through that 25b ...
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,630 questions
5,528 answers
138,166 users