Greeting wefugees i have a friend with national Italy visa and accidentally he came to Germany and he like it he book language course and he want to apply for university in germany is that possible?
asked Nov 30, 2022 in Legal advice by Dr.aka | 321 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @Dr.aka,

It depends what nationality he has. If he is from one of these countries, he can apply for a residence permit to study while he’s here in Germany:

Australia, Japan, Israel, Canada, South Korea, New Zealand, UK, Andorra, Brazil, El Salvador, Honduras, Monaco, San Marino.

If he has a different nationality, he must apply for a visa to study in Germany at a German embassy. If he has a permit for Italy, he can apply with the German embassy in Rome. He will have to show he has been accepted to a German university and that he can support himself financially.

Here’s the information from the German embassy in Rome (in German) about the required documents:




answered Dec 2, 2022 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,295 questions
6,289 answers
139,288 users