If I marry my partner, I need to withdraw my on going asylum case before marriage or after marriage?
asked Nov 11, 2022 in Legal advice by Lovewithme | 366 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Lovewithus,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to again.

As your question here is very much building up on the questions you asked in this thread, I recommend readers to check them first (and next time you can maybe get back to us in the same thread if your question is on the same topic). 

If you are able to receive a residence permit as spouse of a German citizen or of someone holding a certain residence permit, you may withdraw your asylum application (as my colleague Èanna explained in the first thread) AFTER you got married. 

However, please discuss this big step before withdrawing your case in a counseling office or with a lawyer looking at your individual situation in depth.

I hope this helps and all the best,


answered Nov 13, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,303 questions
6,291 answers
139,299 users