Dear Sirs,

I came to Germany before two years and i have Asylum Status (3 years Residence).

is it possible to bring my wife to Germany if our married was after my Asylum application date ?

best regards

asked Mar 15 in Asylum proceedings by Danichemn | 871 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @Danichemn,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

Do I understand correctly that you have a recognition as refugee (section 25 (2) first alternative) and not the Subsidiary Protection (section 25 (2) second alternative)?

If this is true, you can generally reunificate with your wife also if you married after you left your country of origin (which unfortunately wouldnt't be the case with the Subsidiary Protection status).

For further details on the requirements and the process, I can recommend Handbook Germany's explanations in various languages.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us either with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Mar 17 by Meike
0 votes
Thank you for your Answer

Yes I have a recognition as refugee (section 25 (2) first alternative) but the matter that I married after they recognized me not before is that make difference to reunificate with my wife?

Or. I have to get work contract before I apply for her.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards

Adnan Khayat
answered Mar 19 by Danichemn
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,291 questions
6,286 answers
139,282 users