1 view
Please answer my question ; is it possible to sign a partnership with my boyfriend ( he's a refugee in Germany and he lives there. And does not have is papers yet but he's having a 6 months Ausweis ). I am Dutch and I live in the Netherlands. And we are planning of signing the partnership in my country, is it possible?
asked Nov 1, 2022 in Legal advice by Jossy | 1 view
Hello Jossey and welcome to Wefugees.
I have a question first, do I understand it correctly that your friend has already applied for asylum in Germany? And would you like to live together in Denmark or in Germany?

Best regards
Hey Saskia and thanks for your response.
 He is an asylum seeker in Germany ( he applied in 2020 ) and we're planning of registering for partnership in the Netherlands since I am from there and I live there. Is it possible for us to be able to do it ? He lives in Germany and I live in Netherlands

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+2 votes
Best answer

Hi @Jossy,

As you say he doesn’t have papers yet, I presume he has the paper called ‘Aufenthaltsgestattung’. With this paper he is not permitted to leave Germany. If he wishes to go and live with you in the Netherlands, then he would have to revoke his asylum application first. He would then probably have to apply for a visa at the Dutch embassy in order to travel to the Netherland to sign into a partnership with you.



answered Nov 4, 2022 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,929 questions
5,903 answers
138,858 users