I have a resident permit here in germany on the basis of child me my girlfriend and my baby all leaving together and i dn't know german because of that i am not getting good job can job center help me with this if i do language and after ausbiludung if i do language i cannot work i have to focus to learn german only mini job i can do but how my expenses gonna work out
asked Sep 25, 2022 in Other Questions by Jammu | 31 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote
Best answer

Hi @Jammu,

With your residence permit (I presume it is according to paragraph 28 of the residency law, it should be written on the front of your residency card), you are entitled to support from Jobcenter. You need to make an application for unemployment benefit (Arbeitslosengeld II). Please note that they will take your financial needs and ability to pay for these by yourself as a family into account. This means they will **** at any income your girlfriend has to see if that can cover some of your expenses. They will calculate the Kindergeld you presumably receive when calculating how much money to give for your child.

The Jobcenter can provide you with money each month for basic living expenses and to help cover the rent. If you are in receipt of money from Jobcenter, you can do the German language ‘Integration course’ free of charge. Here is more about the course:


They can also pay for things like the costs of applying for jobs. They can also finance you to do other types of training courses once you have improved your German.

If your girlfriend has enough income which means you are not entitled to Jobcenter support, you could apply for another rent benefit (Wohngeld) and additional child benefit (Kinderzuschlag). But I recommend first applying with the Jobcenter.



answered Sep 29, 2022 by mbeon-Éanna
0 votes

we are sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, I don't have a suitable answer to your questions. Of course we hope that you will find a job where you can learn German and still earn enough, as well as not be under or overloaded.  Do you know https://workeer.de yet? Here you can get advice on your job search. Workeer is Germany's largest training and job exchange specifically for refugees. Jobs4refugees does something similar: https://***.jobs4refugees.org/?lang=en

We wish you a lot of success and hope you find something soon.

Best regards
answered Sep 28, 2022 by Saskia Wefugees
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,998 questions
5,963 answers
138,956 users