I have Aufenthalgestitel as Asylum seeker. With 9 euro ticket people are allowed to travel Trier HBF till Luxembourg HBF. Am I allowed to go and come back just to visit Luxembourg city center. May be it will be 4-5 hours trip.
asked Jun 12 in Legal advice by Coop

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @Coop

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question. 

Whether you are allowed to travel (leave Germany) or not depends on your current residence status. With a so-called “Aufenthaltsgestattung” (during a pending asylum procedure) or a “Duldung” (i.e. after a rejection of the asylum application) you are not allowed to travel and to cross the border - even if it’s only for a few hours. There are very rare exceptions in which the immigration office may grant permits after a respective application (i.e. pupils traveling with the school).

With a valid residence permit you are able to travel within the EU without a visa for up to 90 days. 

I hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Jun 12 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,319 questions
5,160 answers
137,077 users