Hi guys, Can someone use previous Birth certificate that used for marriage in Germany (4-5 years old) to apply for German citizen? Or a new Cert must be done ? Though the Birth certificate was verified b4 for marriage.  Can It be use to apply for Citizenship? Thanks
asked May 6, 2022 in Information & Offers by Emmytender | 292 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Best answer

Dear @Emmytender,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community.

I remember that I tried to answer one of your questions with a very similar content here before. 

If this is your original birth certificate and you already varified it, I can not think of a reason why you should apply for a new copy of the document. I am not sure if I understand your question correctly though. Did you already consulted the "Einbürgerungsstelle" (naturalization office) to get a detailed advice, as I recommended before?

All the best,


answered May 6, 2022 by Meike
Hi Meike, appreciate your response. I'll contact Einbürgerungsstelle next week. I want to prepare all necessary documents before hand.
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,210 questions
6,194 answers
139,197 users