Hello Guys, I married here in Germany . Before I get married the Standesamt requested I bring all documents (Translated) included Birth certificates for verification which I done few years ago.  Now to my question... I want to apply for a German Citizenship . Should the Einbürgerung office ask me to bring another Birth certificate with Translated copies again? or they will make use of the copy I used  got marry before which I think Standesamt have copies in their System..?
I'll appreciate any idea or info.
asked Mar 20 in Information & Offers by Emmytender

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Emmytender

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us. 

I am afraid that the "Einbürgerungsamt" (naturalization office) and the "Standesamt" (registry office) will not "share" your birth certificate copies and the translartions - but this is only an assumption. I hope you still hold the original birth certificate? I would recommend you to contact the naturalization office directly in order to have a concrete overview regarding the requirements and the documents they request for the process. 

In any case, please also don't hesitate to keep us updated here or to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Mar 27 by Meike
Thanks for the info Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,541 questions
5,443 answers
137,902 users