Hi there,

I am from Ghana and currently in Germany. I have 6months duldung that is expiring soon.

I received a letter the other day from Auslanderangelegenheiten and they said I must go to my embassy to clear my identity and two officers will come to me and bring me to my embassy so they can clear my identity and if I do not go willingly they will bring me by force.

I told them I am married to EU living in another eu city but they said she is the one that has to do the procedure to let me go live with her and we are doing it but it takes time because of my status.

Once they clear my identity will they be able to deport me? Am I at risk??

Any advice on what to do would be great pls because I am very scared.

Thank you
asked Apr 26, 2022 in Legal advice by Moro11 | 402 views
Hi, I went through the same situation, I went there and they spoke to me in the local language to check if I am from there and asked some basic questions, and that’s all happened.
Hi there!
Thank you so much for telling me this. Can i ask you how long ago was it? and if they forced you to make a travel document or passport?
I am scared they will be able to deport me after this....
It happened in 2018, Two officers took me to Frankfurt embassy from straelen where I lived. I work in Frankfurt so they did not took me back cz i told them I have work. It’s just a formality the take you to the embassy, but from your side you better find a lawyer and make sure  you do not have to go back to your country.
I really appreciate your answers.. They are making me calm down a bit. May i ask if you are ghanaian as well please?
Also, they 100% want to deport me. I am scared that after this interview they will be able to get a travel document for me to go. Can that happen?
I am looking for a lawyer but they all so expensive and i'm still looking.
Thank you
No I’m not Ghanaian, If they want to deport you I highly recommend you to find a GOOD lawyer asap.
That's their intent but they do not have my birth cert or my passport so i really don't understand how they can do it?
But yes, i wil **** for lawyer:) thank u for your time :)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Moro11,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

First of all, I am sorry to hear that you are in a stressful situation. I would highly recommend you to get some individual support in a migration counselling office! It is hardly possible to assess here whether you are at risk for deportation or not - especially without knowing your background in detail. In general, people may be deported when they are obliged to leave the country under an enforceable decision but do not leave voluntaritly within the given period. This only applies, though, if your deportation is actually possible and not prohibited for legal reasons. If you were issued the Duldung because your idenity is not clear, the Duldung may not be extended or even revoked as soon as you hold a passport, for instance. Then, you can get deported in principle.

You are not living together with your spouse? In general, you may be able to apply for a residency permit card for family members of nationals of EU member states - one of the requirements is, however, that you are "cohabiting as a family with a citizen of the EU". It might be difficult to convince the authorities of your bond when you don't live together. Is your marriage registered/recognized in Germany? Why did your spouse not inform the immigration office about the marriage? Of course you need to submit the respective documents at the immigration office and actually apply for a residence permit as well - they won't issue anything without a formal application.

Please let us know if you need support in finding a respective counselling office in your area and don't hesitate to get back to us on your case or with any further questions.

All the best,


answered May 5, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,132 questions
6,100 answers
139,112 users