Hello, my name is Alina and I've been living near Munich for three weeks and would really like to work. I come from Kiev.

A friend told me that I have to attend a German course before I can work. Is this true?

Thank you for the answer!
asked Apr 14, 2022 in Work by Alina92 | 203 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

+1 vote
Hello Alina,

welcome to Wefugees and thanks for reaching out to us. To start working, you need the residence permit according to § 24 immigration act or the probationary certificate (so called "Fiktionsbescheinigung") which will be issued after you applied for a residence permit and which allows you to work until the physical residence permit is ready, in which the work permit is automatically included. Whether you need to know German or not depends on your job. In IT, e.g., the working language is often English. Of course you should try to learn German as soon as possible to get along with your everyday life here. If need some information on German courses, just come back to us.

I hope my answers were helpful and I’ll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my location „München” and then my name “Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit ***.mbeon.de.

Best regards

answered Apr 14, 2022 by mbeon-Christine
+1 vote

Hey Alina! German language skills usually facilitate you in finding employment, but are not a mandatory requirement for every job. There are various options for language support. For a start, there are integration courses, initial orientation courses or special offers for women. To participate, please submit an application to the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees. If you have already completed an integration course or are already proficient in the German language (level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), you can also attend an Occupation-related Language Course. This, however, requires you to have a work permit. Your local employment agency will be happy to advise you, help you find a suitable course and issue an authorisation to attend. If you receive welfare support, you can in principle apply for exemption from the cost contribution. Apart from this, there are numerous providers of language courses for which a fee is charged.

On this website you can find job offers:
The site is also in Ukrainian.

I wish you much success and all the best! I hope I could help you!!!!

answered Apr 14, 2022 by Jan Vo.
0 votes
Thank you both! I'll **** into it and get back if I have any other doubts. Thanks!
answered Apr 14, 2022 by Alina92
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,255 questions
6,245 answers
139,247 users