My question is that my wife is European and last yeah I got my resident permit through my kids and now my kids abs after we got married here in Germany in may last year now my kids want to go live with their grandparents and can I continue to live here because my wife is still here but I didn’t get my resident through marriage
asked Feb 4, 2022 in Legal advice by ERKHTS | 354 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+2 votes


Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for sharing your situation with us.

If you are married to an EU citizen who is entitled to the "freedom of movement" within the EU (she is an employee in Germany, for instance) and you actually live together as a family, you have the right to stay in Germany as well. Please see section 2 of the Freedom of Movement Act/EU for more details. Your marriage is recognised/registered in Germany? If yes, I would not see a problem regarding the extension of the residencey permit card. For a full list of the requirements, you may also see this website (tailored for applicants living in Berlin though).

Do you agree dear @mbeon-fardeen or @mbeon-Christine?

In any case, please also don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Feb 6, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,198 questions
6,176 answers
139,179 users