i am a citizen of nigeria with a 5months study visa and got married in denmark to my wife who is a slovenish citizen staying and born in germany and has worked in germany for 30year,how do i get my resident and what do i need to do as my visa expires in 7days from now
asked Feb 1, 2023 in Legal advice by chrisee | 699 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @chrisee,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and sorry for the late reply!

In general, as spouse of an EU-citizen you may be eligible for a residency permit card for family members of nationals of EU member states. For an overview of the conditions you can check this website by the Berlin authorites (details valid for Berlin residents). I am not an expert on the EU/freedom of movement law and its family reunification procedures. Therefore, I will link two of my colleagues. Dear @mbeon-fardeen and @mbeon-Christine, can you give some information/advice here? Is it possible/likely that the immigration office will ask for the respective family reunification visa procedure? 

@chrisee, please also don't hesitate to give us us an update on your situation in the meantime (preferably while using the comment section in this thread).

All the best,


answered Feb 12, 2023 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,255 questions
6,245 answers
139,247 users