If you've had duldung 60a 2 abs 3 for 1 year can that year count towards naturalization or if you want to apply permanent residence
asked Jan 29, 2022 in Legal advice by Poji1234 | 620 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Poji1234

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question. 

Unfortunately, the "Duldung" (temporary suspension of the deportation) is not considered to be a "legal residence" (rechtmäßiger Aufenthalt) and therefore these years (while holding a Duldung) can not be counted regarding the requirements for the permanent residence permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) or naturalization. 

I am sorry that I can not give you any more positive news here. 

In any case, please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Feb 1, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,303 questions
6,294 answers
139,301 users