Can i use my child to apply for family reunion visa instead of using marriage from German embassy in Ghana. Because i heard using a child family reunion is fastee than applying through marriage. But, the problem is that i dont have vaterschaft or sorgerate(50/50) because we had our baby after marriage. But, my full names are in my child Birth certificate. Please how do i go about this??
asked Jan 26, 2022 in Legal advice by Kesskester28 | 268 views
@Kesskester28 so u have similar problem.. if ur woman don't earn enough and not living in flat , I mean good accommodation that can also contain u , they might deny the visa.. but applying through german child make it easier, ur woman don't need to be working, she don't need much rooms im her apartment.. I know about this because of 3 other people i knew them , they got married , went back to Nigeria to apply for family reunion visa, till now, they are still in Nigeria, 3 years now, the reason is that , their women don't work

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Kesskester28,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

I remember from your last post, that you are married to a German woman. As you explain above, your child was born after you got married. This means that you are automatically recognised as father of the child and explains why you are also registered in its birth certificate. The acknowledgement of the paternity and the declaration of custody only needs to be done if the parents are not married. 

Regarding the visa procedure, I can not give you any prediction about the time frame and I am not sure if one visa will be faster to obtain than the other type. However, I would recommend you to clearly explain about your life context in your visa application. Highlight that you have a child in Germany you can not be separated from for a longer period. The pre-approval letter ("Vorabzustimmung") of the immigration office is giving you the advantage, that the German embassy does not need to wait for the immigration office's approval anymore (which usually takes a considerable amount of time). You can apply for an appointment at the German embassy in Ghana and only fly out shortly before the respective date. Please also check the exchange in this thread for more information.

I hope this helps and don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jan 27, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,013 questions
5,977 answers
138,972 users