Hello, please I am 6 months pregnant with my German boyfriend.  What are the steps to take to obtain my permit in Germany?
asked Jan 4, 2022 in Legal advice by Do Do | 573 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
Best answer

Dear Do Do,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

First of all, congratulations and all the best for you and the baby. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that your situation in general has not changed much since you reached out to us the first time (here). 

Did you get in contact with a counselling office as we recommended before? If not, please consider it again. You do not have to worry that the social workers/counsellors are reporting or judging you - they are working confidential. 

As you are not married to the child's father, it is important that your boyfriend is acknowledging the fatherhood. Otherwise the child will not get the German citizenship. In general, you can do this procedure already before you give birth. However, the acknowledgement usually takes place at the "Jugendamt" and here you may be at risk to get reported to the police/the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde). Another option can be to declare the fatherhood at the notary (follow this link for more details). 

Please read carefully the information my colleague Alla gave in this thread in response to a very similar question. The whole process (especially since you leave in Germany illegally for a while) will not be easy and I can only repeat my recommendation to get individual support in a counselling office and eventually also by a lawyer.

Nevertheless, please do not hesitate to get back to us as well with any further questions.



answered Jan 5, 2022 by Meike
0 votes
Hi, wait until your baby is born before you do anything
answered Jan 5, 2022 by Donmorris
0 votes
I went to a counselling office before getting pregnant and was adviced to return to my home country. But after pregnancy, i have not tried going anywhere because am scared to be deported with the pregnancy. I am currently living together with the father of the child and he acknowledges that he is the father of the child. We have not gone to any office for advice or guidance yet, because we do not know where to go or what to do in the first place.
answered Jan 6, 2022 by Do Do
Dear Do Do,

Thank you for your explanation. Please, would you mind to share your rough location with us? I will do my best to make research on counselling services in your area.

Warm regards,

Diamondmorristfc1@gmail.***    please send me a private email, I can advise you.
Inbetween Köln and Bonn.
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,323 questions
6,318 answers
139,328 users