Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

Dear Meike,

We have married in Islamic way but we are not living together yet because my wife is studying in Berlin and now we want to register our marriage in Germany meanwhile i am looking for house on rent then we start living together butt i am worried about my duldung status but i am doing Ausbildung. I think so this all procedure will be complicated, Right?

asked Dec 21, 2021 in Legal advice by Wasim Ahmad

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear Wasim Ahmad,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for clarifying.

In order to register your marriage, you need to follow the procedure of the civil marriage at the registry office (Standesamt). In Germany, the Islamic marriage can not be registered or "recognised" as such. The fact that you are holding a Duldung, is not necessary relevant for the marriage. As I mentioned already in my answer to your last question, people are more struggeling with providing all the required documents. Please see, for instance, our blog on this for more information.

In any case, please also don't hesitate to get back to us with any further question.

All the best for 2022,


answered Dec 30, 2021 by Meike
4,045 questions
4,813 answers
136,527 users