Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello Everyone,
I recently got married in Denmark. My wife is German national, living and working in Germany. I am Pakistani national but living and working in Hungary at the moment. I need advice on how to proceed further to get residence permit in Germany? Do i need to apply for reunion visa or is it possible to get the residence permit directly while staying in Germany with my wife? What should be my next step? Looking forward to the advices please.

Best Regards
asked Jul 15, 2019 in Legal advice by Hashim

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Hashim,

Thank you for reaching out to the Wefugee Community!

Please check out this thread, as the registration process of a Danish marriage in Germany was a topic here already.

Concerning your potential next steps, you might find some useful information here.

I hope this helps and please get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jul 26, 2019 by Meike
4,030 questions
4,798 answers
136,502 users