Hi dear wefugees team, I have a short question. I heard people saying I can escape the town where they transfer me after camp.
I haven't got my hausweiß nor the city registration yet and yesterday they transferred me to a small town but I Wana go to a big city in the same state can I escape from this town before submitting my Aufenthaltgestatung for renewing and registering the address at the Ausländerbehörde?
People say that some did this and they got registered at the socialamt of other cities after escaping their assigned cities.
Looking forward
asked Dec 11, 2021 in Asylum proceedings by Jeddy

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Jeddy

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again. I am afraid that "escaping" the assigned city without a regular procedure may lead to problems. Section 60 of the German Asylum Law (Asylgesetz) explains the so-called "Wohnsitzauflage" during the asylum procedure. The biggest chance to get a permission to move to another place may be to find a job in the respective city. However, you will need to apply for the transfer/moving at the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) and wait for a positive answer. 

Do you agree dear @mbeon-ruth and/or is there anything you would like to add? 



answered Dec 12, 2021 by Meike
Dear @Jeddy, no, you cannot "escape" the assigned city. But there are ways to be transferred to another town. For example if you have close family there (Wife, children) or a job/Ausbildung. I don't know where you are staying at the moment, but in NRW it's the district government of Arnsberg (Bezirksregierung Arnsberg) who decides about the place to live for asylum seekers. The Ausländerbehörde only forwards the application but does not decide. Anyway, you cannot make the decision to live somewhere else just like that. Meike is totally right. My advice for you is to search for a job in that other town and to get help by a local refugee advisor. Regards mbeon-Ruth I hope my answers were helpful. I'm a consultant at the app “mbeon” and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. ” and get confidential one-to-one advice in a secure virtual space without other people reading our conversation. Further information: www.mbeon.de.
Thank you Meike and Ruth for your always support and advices.
Update on my case: I got six months Aufenthaltgestatung in Minden City from Ausländerbehörde.
If you could guide me how can I find Ausbildung and how can I then transfer from one city to another after an Ausbildung placement?
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,263 questions
5,080 answers
136,927 users