Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Dear Wefugees community,

My name is Mohammed Arebi, 22 years old from Libya and I am a student in Hochschule Furtwangen and I am currently doing an internship at TDK-Micronas in Freiburg. I have a Duldung and it contains a a work permit for my internship, but I am registered in Weimar a different city in a different state, but my Duldung allows me to work and stay here for the work. I would like to get a driving license while I am doing my internship, I have registered with a driving school, will do my first aid course this week and would like to ask if it is allowed for me to register for the driving license in the city to of course do the tests and get the license if I am not registered in the city I am in now as mentioned, I have a Anmeldebestätigung from Weimar, which I believe if I am not wrong is required wih the other documents for driving license registration, I hope I can get an answer from you, Thank you in advance. :)
asked Oct 13 in Legal advice by moejojo

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @moejojo,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your interesting question!

I also had to make some research and read on this website by the ADAC that you need to get a permission of the "Straßenverkehrsamt" (traffic office) in the municipality of your first and official address (in Weimar) if you want to make your driving license at another place (in Freiburg). 

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Oct 14 by Meike
3,964 questions
4,734 answers
136,324 users