Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am from india and my g. F is 8 months pregnant my lawyer say i have to go to jugendamt with his letter and with my passport to make Vaterschaft i just want to know do i need any other documents with me like birth certificate of my or something else
asked Oct 10 in Legal advice by Jammu

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Jammu,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

Indeed, the Jugendamt will most probably ask for the birth certificates of the parents as well. Please see this thread in which a colleague and me provided more information on this topic. It also includes a link of an official website (authorities in Berlin) with a list on the required documents. However, as my colleague mentioned as well, if you can not provide a document (or the respective translation), it does NOT mean that the recognition of the fatherhood is not possible.

I hope this helps and all the best,


answered Oct 11 by Meike
Good day Meike,

I have a question. My friend is a refugee and is 6months pregnant and holds Aufenthaltsgestattung. The German boyfriend is refusing to give her his personal information including his full names and ID in short the boyfriend will not sign  the Vaterschaftsanerkennung und Sorgerechts. What then happens when the baby is born including Birth certificate of the child? How will be the father traced? Will she also get a residence permit?

Thank you
Dear @kathy, Please see my answer in your recently opened thread! I hope it helps and don't hesitate to get back to us (the best would be in your thread) with any further questions. All the best, Meike
3,964 questions
4,734 answers
136,324 users