i am mother of three years old child who travelled to germany to apply asylum along with my child.

now we both got blue passport. On my child passport there is nothing mention about me which explain that iam the legal guardian of my child. what can i do in this case to put my name as legal guardian of my child. 

Father of my child does not live with us and he stay in pakistan.

asked Mar 9, 2023 in Legal advice by alijul143 | 434 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi @alijul143,

I am not aware of information about legal guardianship being included on a child’s passport. If you have information otherwise, feel free to let me know.

If, however, you are looking for something as proof that you are the sole holder of custody over your child, then you can apply for a document from the local Jugendamt (Office for children and young people) in your area. It is called ‘Negativbescheinigng Sorgerecht’. This document declares that a person has sole custody over their child.

This article gives a good overview of the process (in English via online translation):




answered Mar 15, 2023 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,303 questions
6,291 answers
139,299 users