Hello all,

Im currently in a refugee facility center (Monchengladbach) since three weeks, i have only Ankunftsnachweis which expires on 09.09.2021 which is very soon and they did not issue me Aufenthaltgestatung at all, i dont know if i ask for it or they will issue me later?

Im also not sure if im allowed to study or work or even travel while waiting for my interview?

when will i be eligible to work or to sozial benefits?

will they move me from refugee center after my interview and will they issue another doc after my interview?

your answers will be much appreciated
asked Aug 29, 2021 in Asylum proceedings by Azimi

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Azimi,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

Did you contact the Refugee Council in Mönchengladbach as mentioned in my answer on your last question? I am sure they can give you much more detailed and locally specific information - I would highly recommend it! 

As soon as you officially applied for asylum (maybe for the time being you are only registered as someone who wants to apply for asylum?) and the immigration office is informed on this, they will issue a so-called "Aufenthaltsgestattung". You will hold this document until the BAMF decided on your case. As an asylum seeker, you will be entitled to receive support according to the "Asylbewerberleistungsgesetz". 

I am afraid that you will not be allowed to work in the first three months after you got issued the "Ankunftsnachweis". Please see this website by the Agentur für Arbeit for more details.

I hope this helps and don't hesitate to keep us updated on your situation and especially on the feedback of the Refugee Council.

All the best,


answered Aug 29, 2021 by Meike
Thank you Meike for your answer. I got updated on my case so i thought i shall share here the exp.

They have transferred me from initial refugee camp to the second camp (Weeze). I also got three months Aufenthaltgestatung and my interview hasn't been taken.

When can I request for work permit after three months? When they issue me  six months Aufenthaltgestatung? and when can i request renting my own apartment? And is it possible to change my camp to request them to transfer me to some other camp? Eg. Neues?
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,378 questions
5,232 answers
137,356 users