Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Good morning dear Sir/ Madam.

On Friday I have finally received my Aufenthaltstitel card of 25b Abs.1 S.1 After through integration in Geemany. . I heard that I'm not allowed to stay more than 6 months outside Europe.

My question is??

Can I travel to my country without complications because I intend to visit my family in Nigeria by September.  Please advice
asked Jul 11 in Legal advice by Gago

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Gago,

Thanks for being such an active member of the Wefugees Community!

With a residence permit according to section 25b of the German Residence Act, you should be able to travel to your home country for a visit. Please follow also our conversation on this topic here.

However, as you mentioned already, if you are basically spending most of your time outside of Germany, your residence may be revoked. This even applies to the permanent settlement permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) after being abroad for more than 6 months.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Aug 26 by Meike
3,837 questions
4,599 answers
136,094 users