Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I recieved my Aufenthalt 2 months ago and for a moment im not working because i have a 4 months baby i recieve money from job center
I also have a child 14 years old in my home country and i would like to reunite with her.
Can i bring her here without working?
asked Jun 25 in Other Questions by Lilly

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
Best answer
Waaa ok thankyou soo much im trying to come out of there
Yes i asked the lawyer hebjust said just the same
answered Aug 4 by Lilly
selected Aug 5 by Lilly
0 votes

Dear @Lilly,

Thank you for reaching out to us again. 

The conditions for family reunification depend on the type of residence permit a person holds (we discussed a similar situation here).

To give you more detailed information, we might need the section of the law your residence permit was issued accordingly.

In general, I would always recommend to get individual advice and support by a migration counseling office or a lawyer. The family reunification procedure can get complicated and there are many details to consider. Please let us know if you need help in finding a counseling center in your area.

All the best, 


answered Jul 4 by Meike
thankyou soo much for the reply My Aufenthalt is sektion 28 for a german child parent
hi, did you get your answer also want to know l have a similar question?
Not yet im still trying
0 votes
Thankyouso much for quick response
My Aufenthalt is sec28 abs .1. s.1 no.3 thats what i have
answered Aug 4 by Lilly
Sist you can't bring anyone yet, you have to be working and be able to prove that you are independent, you pay your own bills, fund your cost of living, rent and everything and you can take care of her before they would approve it . From my experience you can't if jobcenter is responsible for you. But you can ask a migration lawyer tho but I doubt you can . Have a nice day :)
3,837 questions
4,599 answers
136,094 users