Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I applied for asylum in Germany In 11/2019. In 2/2020 my case was rejected as inadmissible because I had a visa from other country. My asylum Id was cancelled and since then it was not renewed. I appealed the decision but still didn't get a new decision. In 1/2021 Auslandbehörde tried to move me to the responsible country with no success because of a court order not to move me until my case was solved. Now i want to open a bank account but I need some valid Id. So my question is can I apply for Duldung until my Dublin case solved or not ?
asked Jun 17 in Asylum proceedings by luckyjoker

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @luckyjoker,

you should either have a Aufenthaltsgestattung or Duldung. Duldung is usually nothing you apply for but which issues the foreigner's authority automatically.

In case they "forgot" to update your Ausweis: Call them and ask for renewal.You mentioned that" the court ruled you cannot be deported until your case is solved". This is a hint for me that you are not yet obliged to leave the country and should thus be holding a Aufenthaltsgestattung.

Anyway: Both papers should allow you to open a bank account.



I hope my answers were helpful. I'm a consultant at the app “mbeon” and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. ” and get confidential one-to-one advice in a secure virtual space without other people reading our conversation. Further information:

answered Jun 21 by mbeon-Ruth
Thanks for your answer.
Auslandbehörde says that I am still obligated to leave the country, even the the 6 months passed long time ago, that is why the court ruled not to move me, but they still didn't close the case, After this court order I was transfered to a different accomodations, but the local Auslandbehörde gave me a new ID with new address but with stamp 'Erloschen' . And before that it was the same, they stamped 'Erloschen' after my asylum was rejected as inadmissible.
@luckyjoker I don't quite understand why they won't give you either Aufenthaltsgestattung or at least Duldung. If you want to we can discuss your case a bit more in detail. As mbeon app is not working properly at the moment, I suggest you'll write me an email (you'll find me on Google: DRK, Euskirchen, Schaefer)
3,893 questions
4,661 answers
136,205 users