Hello my name is Derek . I have been living in Germany since 2019 . I was rejected before I have Dublin but was granted positive by the court in 2020 . But later in 2020 August my Dublin was cancelled .and my lawyer sent me a message the the court might call me for interview . But I was given negetive 2021 February even without interview . But on this negetive letter . The bamf didn't mention my family or my son . Wish I have all the important documents to prove I have a son in Germany . In 2020 the letter I receive also clarify that my son and my girlfriend has a deportation ban . I'm currently working and I vist my lawyer told and ask him what is my percentage of getting a resident permit . He said to me zero chance . He told me that I have chance the first time I meet him that since I have a son and family . It will be kind of difficult to send me back to Nigeria . But I feel like he is working with the government and he sound like he don't want to help me . I also ask him to give me a paper work for me to start paying for child support . He said I must do this my self .I must go to the office in my city . How will the court or bamf recognise that I'm paying child support. I ask him . He don't give me a good meaningful. Me and my girlfriend live in same city but different appartment . I told him to make transfer . The answer was strange and he gave us where we can sign and told us that he will send this to the immigration office and not sure if they will accept. Please recommend me to a lawyer close to köthen. My girlfriend and son has a resident permit since 2017 and also deportation ban . Please help me
asked Apr 30, 2021 in Asylum proceedings by Derek

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @Derek,

I tried to give some information on your questions already in your earlier opened thread. I would like to recommend you to use the comment function next time if you want to discuss your situation further. This will help us to keep an overview.

Regarding your communication and trust issues with your lawyer, it could be useful to involve a counselling office in this. Hiring another lawyer usually produces not only more costs from a financial perspective. It can also cause confusion and chaos and should, from my experience, rather be the last option. If you follow this link, you can find contact details of several counselling services in Sachsen-Anhalt. I would recommend you to contact an organisation offering "Gesonderte Beratung und Betreuung (gBB)". They seem to be specialised on people struggling with their residence permit in Germany. Regarding your girlfriend's health problems and the jobcenter (you opened another thread on this topic), it might be the best for her to get some individual advice and support as well. She may also contact an office offering the "MBE" counselling services.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best, 


answered May 2, 2021 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,360 questions
5,219 answers
137,288 users