Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello sir or madam . My girlfriend has deportation ban .and also they told her that she was given a permit since 2017 becouse she came alone and she was pregnant . She is not alysum and my baby is not alysum . But they make there processing through alysum camp and this is confusing. The paragraph in her resident permit is 25 and my son paragraph is 33 ). She has been in Germany with my son since 2017 and I want to know what does that means . Since I'm in Germany too I don't have resident permit . She can't share her own with me . She is from Nigeria but she has 1 year permit . I'm currently working and I have life contact . It been difficult for me not to know what to do . I'm in Germany for 2 year now . My lawyer is very slow in processing my case and doesn't give me information and also when I try to ask him questions doesn't want to answer and comes up with another stuff . Please tell me . Can my girlfriend apply for EU passport . Since she has deportation ban . Because I don't think is a good thing for her to apply for Nigeria passport. Please tell me this we don't want to face any errors . And she can't get married to me if she don't have passport . Tell me another alternative ,
asked Apr 27 in Legal advice by Derek
Hey bro I wanted to ask is the baby your child or if yes the baby is yours you can do vater schaft and you take it from there
Hello thank for responding I have Vater schaft . And zogolish ( 50 percent right for the baby ) I was given negative the second time without BAMF saying anything about my baby or recognise if I have a baby in Germany . My baby has resident permit . And please tell me what to do . Answer me if my girlfriend can apply for her country passport or request for EU passport

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Derek,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

I assume that your girlfriend applied for asylum when she came to Germany and the BAMF decided on a deportation ban for her. This means, that she did not receive an asylum status, a refugee recognition or the subsidiary protection, but another humanitarian status.The BAMF most probably saw her facing potential threats regarding her and the (unborn) baby's health/well-being in case she would return to her country of origin. The immigration office subsequently issued a residence permit according to section 25 (3) of the German Residence Act. As the baby was born in Germany and its mother holds a valid residence permit, it received a residence permit according to section 33. 

Regarding the passport: For now there is nothing like an EU passport. Your girlfriend would need to apply for German citizenship to receive a German passport. Please follow the link for more information on this. Regarding your questions on the Nigerian passport, I would highly recommend to discuss this topic with a lawyer. As you apparently face difficulties in the communication with your lawyer, it could be helpful to contact a counselling office. I am sure they are happy to support you in addressing and formulating all the questions to your lawyer and explaining more complex circumstances also in a patient and understandable way.

All the best,


P.S.: I saw that you opened another thread with roughly the same content. In order to keep a better overview and information in one place, I will close that one. I hope this is okay for you.

answered 4 days ago by Meike
3,661 questions
4,398 answers
135,619 users