Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Please upon reading the laws I learnt that is only asylum seekers who receives duldung buy my case is different, I applied for resident permit because I have a son here which I have the birth certificate, vaterscaftsanerkennung and Sorgerechtsanerkennung but when I want to the immigration office the man told me to come for duldung so please what does that mean thanks
asked Apr 28 in Legal advice by Armstrong68

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Duldung is issued till  Ausländerbehörde decides on your application. Especially when you came to Germany without family reunification visa.
answered 4 days ago by Tony1111
0 votes

Dear @Armstrong68,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

A "Duldung" is a "temporary suspension of deportation" (please follow the link for more details) and the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) usually issues this type of paper after a negative decision on the asylum application. However, a Duldung can also be issued without a prior asylum case. Based on the information you have/gave, it is a bit difficult to tell if they decided already negative on your residence permit application, or they issue a kind of "Fiktionsduldung" for the time being, as long as they are still in the decision-making procedure. 

Do you agree, dear @mbeon-fardeen?

All the best,


answered 4 days ago by Meike
3,661 questions
4,398 answers
135,618 users