Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I want to ask if there is/are any two different kinds  of Duldung? And what’s the actual meaning of Duldung? And also why some people want to apply for Duldung? Is there any secrecy?
asked May 9, 2020 in Asylum proceedings by hafiz123

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @hafiz123

thank you for posing your question in the Wefugees Community. 

The Duldung or “temporary suspension of deportation” is no Aufenthaltserlaubnis (residence permit). It is a certificate which is issued for refugees who are obliged to leave Germany. A Duldung can be issued as

  • Duldung (§ 60 a AufenthG) - 
  • Duldung „ungeklärte Identität“ (§ 60 b AufenthG)
  • Ausbildungsduldung (§ 60 c AufenthG)
  • Beschäftigungsduldung (§ 60 d AufenthG)

Duldung means that

  • the allocation to a community persists,
  • the limitation of freedom of movement persists and can even be intensified,
  • a residence permit for family members is excluded, and
  • a work ban can be placed.

An obligation to leave Germany arises if the reasons for escaping your country in the asylum request were rejected and the rejection is legally binding.

If there was no approval given in the asylum request, there can still be legal and de facto reasons for a necessary further stay in Germany .

  • A legal reason can be a severe illness, which leads to the inability to travel or cannot be treated in the country of origin. This must be documented by a doctor.
  • A de facto reason may be that there is no air connection available or there is no passport. The refugee cannot leave Germany without a passport or a substitute document.

With the final rejection, however, you are obliged to cooperate in the procurement of the passport. If a departure is legally and de facto possible and is only not possible because the refugee is not willing to depart, the foreigners office will deport (forced return) the refugee. The deportation will not be announced beforehand.

People usually apply for Ausbildungsduldung “temporary suspension of deportation for vocational Training” and for Beschäftigungsduldung “temporary suspension of deportation for employment”. Becuase if they have one of these two types of Duldungs, after a specific period of time they can receive a residence permit and later even the permanant residence permit or German Passport. 

I hope my answer was useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the MBEON-staff  and I‘ll be glad to guide you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online consultancy for migrants via  the mbeon-app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it via App Store or Google Play Store. You'll find me In the mbeon-app under my name „München, Herr Noori“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can wiretap messages. Further information:

With kind regards, 

Fardeen Noori

answered May 12, 2020 by mbeon-fardeen
3,964 questions
4,735 answers
136,342 users