Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hii I want some legal advice my daughter is 4 year old now her mother is german and I am African so the last name of my daughter is with my wife last name whith also her ex last name we are not legally married in germany? So can I change my daughter last name to mine because I have vaterschaftshaft sogorechts?
asked Apr 23 in Legal advice by Khani

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Khani

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question. 

If you want to change the last name of your child and both parents agree on it, I recommend you to contact the responsible registry office (Standesamt) as soon as possible. As far as I know, you are only able to change the last name within the first three months after the declaration of custody ("Sorgerechtserkl√§rung"). 

I hope this helps and all the best, 


answered Apr 29 by ‚úĒMeike
3,661 questions
4,398 answers
135,619 users