Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hallo i am from Afghanistan and currently residing in Germany i applied for asylum here in Germany it has been 4 years now my case is still pending in court and my daughter is still in Afghanistan i want to have her here with me as she is suffering with domestic violence in Afghanistan i would like to seek advice on how can i have her here with me and what are the options that i have. I escaped from Afghanistan 4 years back but i couldn't bring my daughter with me. all my 3 sons are staying in germany but my daughter was left alone in Afghanistan i would like to seek advice on how can i bring her here legally
asked Apr 9 in Legal advice by Ny

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Ny,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

I am very sorry to hear that you and your daughter are in such a difficult situation. I wish I could give you better news, but I am afraid that there are no possibilities to reunite without a residence permit in Germany. I cross all my fingers that the court will decide in your favour and you will receive a humanitarian status/residence permit at the end. A Refugee Recognition or the Subsidiary Protection give you the opportunity to apply for family re-unification (married couples and minor children with their parents). For very detailed questions regarding family reunification I can recommend the BBZ counselling office in Berlin. You can visit their website for contact details.

In any case, please also don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Apr 18 by Meike
3,663 questions
4,407 answers
135,623 users