Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I got a PhD position in University of Würzburg, but unfortunately I lost it now the Zusatzblatt which I received during my PhD just allowed me to do research or some teaching, I have informed this to the landrasamt. But now I want to do an internship but Zusatzblatt is not allowing me to it also I am not allowed to do student job. Is it possible to change my Zusatzblatt now so that I can do both internship as well as Student job?

asked Mar 26 in Education by Nikita Deoghare

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear TIA, 

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us. 

On the electronic residence permit cards, which are usually issued in Germany in these days, you can read either "Beschäftigung gestattet", "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet" or "Siehe Zusatzblatt". As the cards don't provide enough space to explain all the conditions which apply with certain residence permits, the immigration offices hand out an additional green paper - the "Zusatzblatt" - explaining them. Therefore, it is not the "Zusatzblatt" which restricts you regarding work/employment in Germany, it is the residence permit. If there are any possibilities to change your type of residence permit, is depending on many factors. 

I would recommend you to contact a migration counselling office to discuss your individual situation and your options. I will also link our dear expert @mbeon-Christine here, maybe she can give some advice already or add information. 

In any case, please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Mar 27 by Meike
3,632 questions
4,366 answers
135,561 users