Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
My Name Christian, I live in Koln and also I have been issued of residence permit because of my child who also have a residence permit and my question is my kids lives in Hagen but am not with the child mother but will like to leave at the Town where my kids are to moved from koln to Hagen .

Will that be possible since my residence permit allows me to stay in Koln for 3years before I can stay at anywhere, I am asking if it can be possible to leave in Hagen since I have kids there without waiting for the 3years to be over, can I use my kids as a way to stay there so that I can see them more often?

please I need some answers

asked Jan 29 in Legal advice by christianowusu
Fellow Ghanaian I have the same residence permit through my Child and is allow to move to where your kids live without any restrictions.Just move there and have Anmeldung at that city. Thank you

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @christianowusu

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again. 

From my perspective, you need to submit a so-called "Umverteilungsantrag" at the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) in which you explain about your situation. If they accept you are definitely on the safe side! 

However, don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Jan 30 by Meike
0 votes

Hello @christianowusu,

please check if you really have the so called "Wohnsitzauflage" for 3 years. If yes, you can apply to be allowed to move at the Bezirksregierung in Arnsberg. So it's not necessary to wait for three years.

You find the form here:

Before you fill it I'd turn to the Ausländerbehörde to ask if you're obliged to live in Köln or not. The process in Arnsberg can take quite long (several weeks up to 4-5 months is my experience).



I hope my answers were helpful. I'm a consultant at the app “mbeon” and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. ” and get confidential one-to-one advice in a secure virtual space without other people reading our conversation. Further information:

answered Feb 15 by mbeon-Ruth
3,780 questions
4,513 answers
135,933 users