Good day Dear all!

I have a confusing problem regarding Umverteilungsantrag. I am assigned and living in berlin since two years however I found an admission in another city so I applied for Umverteilungsantrag and the Ausländerbehörde there I told them if I found a flat I will move if i couldn’t then i do not want to move and i will stay in berlin So i stayed in berlin I never registered in the university however to my surprise i received a post that they approved my Umverteilungsantrag and i must move I did not move i stayed in berlin so now I had to make a new Umverteilungsantrag back to berlin but I am afraid it is going to be rejected? But at the same time I never went to the new city nor registered or changed my auswies some colleges told me berlin will approve it because you were originally residing here and receive benefits . Please let me know your opinion and what should I do?

I still get social benefits they did not cut it but i am afraid
asked Oct 3, 2021 in Legal advice by Hopeless | 852 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @Hopeless

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again. 

First of all, without the "Umverteilungsantrag" (application for the permission to move to another city/municipality) being approved, you would not have been allowed to move to another city anyway. Therefore, you did not do anything wrong. Please contact the sender of the approval of the Umverteilungsantrag (the responisible person for you at the immigration office) immediately and let him/her know, that there is no reason for you to move anymore as you did not accept the university's study offer. 

I never came across a similar case, but I doubt that they force you to move even without a valid reason and the explanation you gave them in the first place. 

Would you agree and is there anything you would like to add dear @mbeon-Christine or @mbeon-fardeen

However, please also don't hesitate to get back to us with an update on your situation or any further question. 

All the best, 


answered Oct 7, 2021 by Meike
0 votes

Dear @Hopeless,

thanks for sharing your question with the Wefugees community.

You haven't mentioned about your residence permit. Which type of residence permit do you have? Do you live in a camp for migrants or you have an apartment in Berlin? Do you work in Berlin? Who told you that you must apply again for an Umverteilung to Berlin? Which reason has been mentioned in the approval letter of your Umverteilung? If the reason mentioned in your approval letter is your study in another city, the Foreigners Office of the other city will ask for the enrollment letter of the University in that city anyways.

I agree with my colleague, @Meike. You should refer to the person, who assisted you in applying for an Umverteiling. I mean someone, who is in the same city and knows better about all the questions, I have posed, above, can better help you with that. Maybe he/she can help you contact the foreigners office/write to them a request to take their decision back because you did not join the university there and you do not have any apartment in the other city to live in. Maybe, if you have a rejection letter from the University or a similar letter from them, stating that you did not join the University, you should also then send this with the request to the foreigners office.

I hope my answer was useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the MBEON-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online consultancy for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it via App Store or Google Play Store. You'll find me In the mbeon-app under my name „München, Herr Noori“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can wiretap messages. Further information: ***.mbeon.de.

Best Wishes

Fardeen Noori

answered Oct 7, 2021 by mbeon-fardeen
Many thanks for you immediate reply and the provided information, dear @mbeon-fardeen! :-) Best wishes, Meike
Thank you for the reply :) then I will contact you throw the app as it is complicated
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,256 questions
6,245 answers
139,248 users