Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
The Auslanderbehorde is requesting for Lebens in Deutschland to grant me the Integration Aufenthalterlaubis.  But my lawyer see it from the law that I don't need Lebens in Deutschland.
asked Nov 28, 2020 in Legal advice by Gago

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Gago,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question!

I assume you are applying for a residence permit according to section 25b of the German Residence Act?

One requirement to obtain this type of residence permit is the following: (The applicant)

2. is committed to the free democratic basic order of the Federal Republic of Germany and possesses a basic knowledge of the legal and social system and the way of life which prevails in the federal territory

One way to prove this basic knowledge of the legal and social system etc. is to present the "Leben in Deutschland" certificate. However, this is not the only way to demonstrate it. Here I quote the "Verfahrenshinweise" of the immigration office in Berlin (other immigration offices may handle this topic slightly different) which explains/recommends the staff how to implement the law. It says on page 281:

Für die Erteilung der Aufenthaltserlaubnis müssen Grundkenntnisse der Rechts- und Gesellschaftsordnung und der Lebensverhältnisse im Bundesgebiet vorliegen. Dies hat die Ausländerbehörde zu prüfen, wenn kein Integrationskurs erfolgreich abgeschlossen wurde. Der Nachweis der Kenntnisse ist auch erbracht, wenn der Ausländer einen Abschluss einer deutschen Hauptschule oder einen vergleichbaren oder höheren Schulabschluss einer deutschen allgemein bildenden Schule, eine erfolgreich abgeschlossene Ausbildung oder ein Studium nachweisen kann. Die Grundkenntnisse der Rechts- und Gesellschaftsordnung werden auch nachgewiesen durch den bundeseinheitlichen Test „Leben in Deutschland“ zum Orientierungskurs nach § 17 Absatz 1 Nr. 2 Integrationskursverordnung (IntV). Gemäß Ziffer AVV-AufenthG können Ausländer, die am Integrationskurs nicht oder nicht erfolgreich teilgenommen haben, die Abschlusstests des Integrationskurses auf freiwilliger Basis ablegen, um den Nachweis der Grundkenntnisse zu erbringen. Für § 25b Abs. 1 Satz 2 Nr. 2 Alt. 2 gilt dasselbe. Es besteht ferner die Möglichkeit, dass die Ausländer auch isoliert nur am Orientierungskurs des Integrationskurses oder sogar nur dem Test „Leben in Deutschland“ teilnehmen können, um so den Nachweis über die Grundkenntnisse zu erbringen. In diesem Fall erhält der Teilnehmer kein Abschlusszertifikat, sondern lediglich eine Mitteilung über das erreichte Ergebnis im Test „Leben in Deutschland" . Die Teilnahme muss dabei grundsätzlich als Selbstzahler erfolgen, weil ein Anspruch auf Teilnahme am Integrationskurs nach § 44 erst nach Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels nach § 25b besteht. Die Grundkenntnisse der Rechts- und Gesellschaftsordnung können ferner durch einen Einbürgerungstest nachgewiesen werden, dessen Prüfungsdauer und Prüfungsumfang dem Test „Leben in Deutschland“ entspricht (vgl. § 3 Abs. 2 S. 2 IntTestV i.V.m. § 1 EinbTestV). Der Einbürgerungstest kann aktuell gegen eine Gebühr von 25 Euro bei jeder Prüfungsstelle, die auch den Test „Leben in Deutschland“ anbietet, absolviert werden [...] 

If you finished school here (Hauptschule, for instance) an Ausbildung, University etc., the immigration office may also accept this as a proof of that knowledge. Otherwise I recommend you to register for a "Leben in Deutschland" test  (possibly without a course) or an "Einbürgerungstest" which might be the easiest way to obtain a certification.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further question.

All the best,


answered Nov 29, 2020 by Meike
Thank you for your information,  have registered for Lebens in Deutschland Prufung and the Test is on the 23rd of December next month.  I have my A2 certificate which I have sent to them. Yes It's 25 Abs Aufenthalterlaubis Integrations Because I'm here 7 years now with a minor children of . My kids and my Fiancee have 3 years Aufenthalterlaubis with Blue passport.
3,974 questions
4,740 answers
136,364 users