Hi everyone!

My parents stopped paying me alimoney due to the TV propaganda of the Polish government, along with other members of my family they basically believe I'm devil in human form- or what a normal person would call, pan transgender guy. Since to change your gender in Poland you have to sue your parents (even when you're an adult who isn't in contact with them) and they have to agree to that, and I cannot change my gender in documents, start transitioning or change my name to one that I am actually using. People in Poland are currently hating on LGBTQ-people, we encounter police brutality, even the president doesn't believe we're humans, but an ideology. Doctors are refusing to treat me properly, I can't afford going to private specialists who would use proper pronouns and let me transition.

I'm also having serious health issues, due to which I had to stop studying after 4 years of university. I cannot get a job, because of a crisis caused by coronavirus. I'm devastated, free healthcare providers told me to run away to Germany, where my German partner lives, and we plan to get married. I need to start my life over from literally nothing I was left with, except of depression, EDS and a few other health issues that make it impossible to get a physical job.

What can I do in this situation? I want to become a German citizen, get the healthcare I need, find a job, learn German and get back to studying.
asked Oct 23, 2020 in Asylum proceedings by Sam4

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @Sam4

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us. 

First of all, I am very sorry to hear about your difficult situation. But maybe it is not even as complicated as you think. As you are an EU-citizen, you are able to move freely within the European Union. If your partner lives in Germany and you want to live together, I don't see any reason at the moment why you shouldn't be able to come to Germany. A so-called "Minijob" in which you work for a couple of hours per week might be sufficient to get registered in the German social system already and to receive some support (including health insurance) in these difficult days. 

However, keep in mind that Poland is a so-called Corona risk country in the definition of the German government and you might need to stay in quarantine for some days (esp. after the 8th of November due to the introduction of new quarantine-regulations) and/or present a negative Corona test result. 

Applying for asylum as EU-citizen is not promising though. 

I will also link two of our experts here: Dear @mbeon-Bernd or @Mbeon-Rukundo, would you agree or is there anything you would like to add? 

In any case, please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Oct 23, 2020 by Meike
Thank you so much for your response!

I know about the requirement of coronavirus test, but what what I've read it is possible to get tested for free in Germany (please, correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm really counting on it since in Poland they're not even testing people who had been in contact with someone cov(+) and have symptoms, not to mention random people who want to cross the border).

If an asylum is not an option, what should I do then? Can I just move there, not mention it anywhere and just start looking for a job? I'm currently creating some paintings to sell on the internet, would that count as working? I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions, but I'm completely lost :(
Dear @Sam, Thanks also from my side for reaching out! I want to echo what @Meike has said. Selling your art sounds like a good start but I would combine it with some kind of other stable job that can serve as a fallback in case the business needs some time to get going. I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again with further questions. I'm a consultant with mbeon and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. You can find me in the mbeon app under my name "Frau Rukundo" and get confidential individual advice in a secure virtual space without other people reading our conversation. Further information: www.mbeon.de. Best regards, your mbeon-Rukundo
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,378 questions
5,232 answers
137,356 users